AMET, Inc., a small, well-established & progressive manufacturing company in Rexburg, Idaho is currently seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual to join our team as a Controller/Financial Officer. This salaried, exempt position reports directly to the owners.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience/qualifications. Benefits are available including vacation and personal leave; medical & dental insurance; 401K. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position fills an emerging role within our organization, and requires some basic qualifications as a foundation to be successful. They include the following:
• Knowledge: Firm grasp of Financial Accounting Principles, including GAAP, & the financial reporting of multiple entities. Cost analysis and/or manufacturing accounting experience is a plus. Knowledge of financial tools (short/long-term financing) and treasury management (cash flow/banking).
• Leadership: Experience supervising the accounting work of others while management and leadership experience in any discipline.
• Precision: Attention to detail; reliability, accuracy, and timeliness of the information for which this position is accountable.
• Process-Orientation: Ability to take complex matters and simplify them quickly, sometimes where certainty is at a premium and time is of the essence.
• Adaptability: Circumstances change with both challenge and opportunity. Ability to embrace both, regardless of existing constraints, and fashion solutions to move forward.
• Teamwork: As a leader, the Corporate Controller will play a pivotal role in providing direction to the team in a facilitative and exemplary way.
• Fit: The most important qualification of all is that of “being” that member of the team.
Preferred Technical Skills/Education:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field
• Advanced degrees are a plus, as are professional designations (i.e., CPA, CMA, etc.),
• Minimum 2 years work history showing hands-on accounting experience (transactions, journal entries, month-end close, financial statement preparation), as well as some supervision of other personnel.
• Demonstrable examples of problem-solving experiences or successful projects that delivered on targeted outcomes.
• Evidence of leadership ability, teamwork and fit, as determined through objective and subjective evaluations via personal interviews, behavioral profiles, and interactive style assessments
Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
• All accounting functions and financial reporting of multi-entity business
• Monthly financial statement preparation (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement) for multiple entities, individually, and combined.
• Report financial results to owners of company
• Administers financial and risk management operations of company
• Perform job costing and analysis
• Maintain adequate system of accounting records
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
• Cash flow forecasting models & cash flow management
• Represent the company with Bank & Treasury Management
• Develop financial and tax strategies
• Oversee financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign companies
• Oversee company’s transaction processing systems
• Enhance accuracy of company’s reported financial results and ensure results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and/or international financial reporting standards
• Fixed Asset tracking
• Payroll Oversight