CNC Operator Machinist
AMET, Inc., a progressive manufacturing company in Rexburg, is currently seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual to join our team as a CNC Operator/Machinist. This individual will be involved in producing machined parts by programming, setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards, equipment and supplies.
Since 1989 AMET inc. has been an innovator and integrator of advanced welding systems to meet the most demanding applications. We have installed systems in the nuclear, aircraft, aerospace, oil & gas, wind tower, heavy industry, and general manufacturing industries.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience/qualifications. Benefits are available including vacation and personal leave; medical & dental insurance; 401K. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings
• Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches
• Calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry and trigonometry; proving part programs
• Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three and four jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops indicating vices.
• Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position
• Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Ability to work unsupervised and be able to stand on your feet for entire shift.
Preferred Technical Skills/Education:
• Previous experience with conceptual skills, process improvement, verbal communication, functional and technical skills, controls and instrumentation, tooling and coordination, attention to detail.