Electronic Field Service Technician
AMET®, Inc., a progressive manufacturing company in Rexburg, is currently seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual to join our team as an Electronic Field Service Technician. This individual will be involved in the implementation and customer service of control systems for automated welding systems.
Since 1989 AMET® inc. has been an innovator and integrator of advanced welding systems to meet the most demanding applications. We have installed systems in the nuclear, aircraft, aerospace, oil & gas, wind tower, heavy industry, and general manufacturing industries.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience/qualifications. Benefits are available including vacation and personal leave; medical & dental insurance; 401K. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Install automated systems at customer sites.
• Ability to work unsupervised and interact with customers. This also includes system training at customer sites and the ability to communicate detailed instructions.
• Complete system integration with knowledge of servo controlled motion.
• Adjusts, calibrates and aligns controlled motion axes.
• Apply principles and theories of electronics and electrical circuitry in testing and assembly of components and complete systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair components including board level evaluation and repair.
• Phone support for customers with system issues.
• Able to read and understand schematics, electrical drawings and maintenance manuals.
Preferred Technical Skills/Education:
• Minimum of 2 year degree in electronics or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of PC based computers
• Experience understanding and writing PLC, ladder logic, Factorytalk, RS logix 5000, Studio 500 and Allen Bradley would be a plus.
• Above average mechanical aptitude and ability to work with hand.
• Ability to travel, sometimes on short notice.