Electronic Engineering Technician
AMET, Inc., a progressive manufacturing company in Rexburg, is currently seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual to join our team as an Electronic Engineering Technician. This individual will be involved in the building of pieces and implementation of electrical components of control systems for automated welding systems.
Since 1989 AMET inc. has been an innovator and integrator of advanced welding systems to meet the most demanding applications. We have installed systems in the nuclear, aircraft, aerospace, oil & gas, wind tower, heavy industry, and general manufacturing industries.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience/qualifications. Benefits are available including vacation and personal leave; medical & dental insurance; 401K. Send resume to email@example.com.
• Some travel may be necessary
• Ability to work unsupervised and interact with customers.
• Complete system integration with knowledge of servo controlled motion which includes building cables, assembling controlled boxes
• Adjusts, calibrates and aligns controlled motion axes.
• Apply principles and theories of electronics and electrical circuitry in testing and assembly of components and complete systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair components including board level evaluation and repair.
• Able to read and understand schematics, electrical drawings and maintenance manuals.
• Maintain a high degree of attention and awareness, taking care to avoid an accident or other hazard to material, equipment or operators.
Preferred Technical Skills/Education:
• Minimum of 2 year degree in electronics or equivalent technician experience
• Knowledge of PC based computers, Mac experience is a plus.
• Some experience understanding and writing PLC code. Python software experience would be a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret schematics, plans, drawing or similar job write-ups and how applied
• Above average mechanical aptitude and ability to work with hands